The next edition of this widely adopted text gives students a detailed, fundamental introduction to computer images. The writers present the mathematical foundations of computer graphics with a focus on geometric intuition, allowing the developer to understand and use these foundations into the development of the effective code.
New in this edition:
- Four fresh donated chapters, written by experts in their own subjects: Implicit Modeling, Computer Graphics in Games, Color, Visualization, including information visualization
- Revised and updated stuff to the graphics pipeline, reflecting a modern viewpoint organized around programmable shading.
- Expanded treatment of viewing which enhances clarity and consistency while unifying viewing in beam tracing and rasterization.
- Increased and expanded coverage of triangle meshes and mesh data structures.
- A new company for its early chapters, that concentrates foundational material, in the beginning, to increase teaching flexibility.